Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. for lunch)
• New Year's Eve - closed at 12:00 p.m.
• New Year's Day
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day
• Presidents' Day
• Good Friday
• Memorial Day
• Independence Day
• Labor Day
• Native American Day
• Veterans Day
• Thanksgiving Eve - closed at 12:00 p.m.
• Day After Thanksgiving
• Christmas Eve - closed at 12:00 p.m.
• Christmas Day
The Intertribal Court of Southern California (ICSC) was formed in 2002 when the Southern California Tribal Chairmen’s Association received a grant from the United States Department of Justice. The ICSC began operation in August of 2006.
The purpose of the ICSC is to provide its member tribes with an independent and culturally sensitive forum in which to present and resolve disputes.
The ICSC serves a consortium of tribes from across southern California. To join the ICSC, a tribe must adopt the ICSC Inter-Governmental Agreement by resolution. The tribe then appoints a representative to the ICSC Judicial Council, the ICSC’s governing body.
The scope of the ICSC’s jurisdiction is defined by its member tribes, meaning that each tribe dictates which of its cases the ICSC is authorized to hear. Currently, the ICSC hears a variety of cases including public safety issues, tort claims, environmental issues, family law, conservatorships, enrollment issues, exclusions, and more. The ICSC handles evictions for the All Mission Indian Housing Authority and hears a limited number of cases for several tribes not formally part of the ICSC consortium. The ICSC also offers arbitration and mediation services, and hears appeals.
The ICSC functions as a circuit court, with judges travelling to each reservation to resolve cases based on each tribe’s laws, customs, and traditions. The ICSC hears an average of 580 cases per year.
• San Pasqual Band of Mission Indians
• Santa Rosa Band of Cahuilla Indians*
• Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians*
• Sycuan Band of the Kumeyaay Nation
• Torres Martinez Desert Cahuilla Indians
• Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians*
• Viejas Band of Kumeyaay Indians
*Scope of services set by memorandum of agreement
of southern california
• All Mission Indian Housing Authority*
• Cahuilla Band of Indians*
• Guidiville Band of Pomo Indians*
• Iipay Nation of Santa Ysabel
• Jamul Indian Village
• La Jolla Band of Luiseño Indians
• Los Coyotes Band of Cahuilla and Cupeño Indians
• Manzanita Band of the Kumeyaay Nation
• Mesa Grande Band of Mission Indians
• Pauma Band of Mission Indians
• Rincon Band of Luiseño Indians
Copyright © Intertribal Court of Southern California. All Rights Reserved.